Come learn about:
- . . . all the gory details of the sacrificial laws--and why they are significant!
- . . . Israel's the purity laws, e.g., what was "holy," "common," "clean" and "unclean,". How did Jewish and Christian writers interpret these laws? Why don't these laws apply in the New Covenant?
- . . . the major Jewish feasts, such as the Day of Atonement. How are these feasts fulfilled in Christ according to the New Testament?
- . . . how priests ate holy meals that were related to atonement and how the New Testament seems to link these meals to the Eucharist.
- . . . and much, much more!
We will also be treated to the celebration of the Divine Liturgy in Syriac (Aramaic) according to the Melkite Catholic rite @ 11:30am. This is an ancient form of the Mass.
Among other things, after the Eucharist, I will talk about the connection between the divine liturgy and Old Testament rites. Hint: in the Divine Liturgy you will find priests wearing vestments, altars, incense, candles, bread, wine. . . are you seeing any possible connections here?
Where: Sacred Heart Chapel, Covina (381 W. Center St., Covina, CA 91723)
When: Begins at 9am. Divine Liturgy at 11:30am. Sessions resume after lunch @ 1:30pm. We will finish at 3pm.
For more information call: 1-800-526-2151.