The event is co-sponsored by the Knights of Columbus.
Here are the 8 things you need to know about it.
1. How much? The event is FREE. There will be a free-will offering to help defray the costs.
2. What's the topic? The theme is, Christ, Our Passover: The Eucharist and the Cross
3. What's the schedule? In broad strokes, the conference begins at 9am and ends at 2:30pm. There is a lunch break from 12:00pm-12:45pm.
4. What about lunch? There is an optional $6 lunch (sandwich, drink, chips), for which you must RSVP. (It's really worth it. The sandwiches are fantastic!)
5. Where is Santa Maria? Santa Maria is north of Santa Barbara. Many people from northern, central and southern California come each year.
6. The drive there is spectacular. . . Really. A perfect Valentine's Day trip! I highly recommend you come--if nothing else than for the drive there. The scenic route along the beach is truly breathtaking.
True story: Immediately after going there for this conference the first time I attended, I took my wife on a weekend get away shortly afterwards. It was so stunningly beautiful, I had to make the drive with her. We stayed at a nearby beach.
I recommend making a Valentine's Day date out of it. Young parents, maybe think about about getting a babysitter. You won't regret it! And if you don't like the conference, you can have your money back.
Oh wait, it's free.
St. Louis de Montfort Catholic Church Parish Hall
5075 Harp Road
Santa Maria, CA 93455
8. Who should I contact?
For more information, contact Trent Benedetti at (805) 922-4881.
The flyer is above. Yes, the first time I did this I didn't have a beard and I guess they just recycled this old picture of me!
9. Will John Bergsma be doing any of his famous drawings during his talk? Not sure, but I think it's a safe bet that he will probably draw something. Expect no drawings from me, however.